Redline Telecommunications (Pty) Ltd is a South African Company that specialises in Broadband Connectivity solutions for government institutions, enterprise -, educational , ISP and Telco operators. Redline uses Free Space Optic (FSO) communications equipment, radio frequency communications equipment or a combination of the communication technologies to provide the client with a 99.98% network availability. If required, Redline can install Optic Fibre networks or VSAT installations. Redline equipment has been deployed in more than 32 countries.
Our key aim is to enhance the competitiveness of our clients through providing them with timely reliable cost effective solutions
FSO communications is an extremely robust point-to-point wireless communications technology that uses a laser, operating in the infrared optical band to communicate digital data through free space. Applying laser and not LED technology is due to the high coherence and collimating characteristics of lasers. This allows high optical power transmission over very long distances.
FSO is a connectivity technology widely deployed by enterprises that need high-performance communications in a building to building or campus environment, but have sections of their networks where fiber cannot be installed – either for cost or logistical reasons. The Redline range of FSO products is ideally suited to address these needs by effectively providing a “fiber over the air” capability at various data throughputs and distances.
KEY FEATURES OF REDLINE FSO CONNECTIVITY SOLUTIONS
- Full duplex Gigabit data throughput, irrespective of the distance between FSO links
- Point to point line of sight connectivity, although, due to no latency, hops/repeaters can be used
- Typical deployment range of 100m to 3000 m to obtain a 99.98% availability
- Maximum range 4400m for a single link. Multiple hops/repeaters can extend the distances
- License free
- Interference free operation for both RF emissions and other FSO links
- Highly secure
- Rapid deployment
- Seamless communication of:
- IP Data
- Voice Over IP
- IP video.
Key Characteristic of Redline RF Products
- Longest range – Redline has installed more than 200 links over 80 Km. Longer reach means more coverage with fewer radios.
- Best coverage – Redline radios offer the greatest Line of Sight (LoS) and non-Line of Sight (NLOS) ranges, delivering uninterrupted coverage in mist challenging environments.
- Highest throughput – Redline delivers the industry’s highest throughput.
- Lowest latency – Redline’s innovative Media Access technology delivers the world’s lowest latency.
- Secure – Redline is the only broadband wireless company offering the choice of AES – 256, X.509 authentication and FIPS 140 -2 certification.
- Future proof– Redline’s products are software upgradeable.
- Specialized – Redline networks are ideal for Pont-to-Point or Point- to – Multi Point application.
- Personalised – Redline’s advanced Quality of Service (QoS) controls allow users to create tiered services and increase customer satisfaction.
- Highest reliability – Redline’s industry-leading 29 year Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) combined with the industry’s lowest documented field failure rate 90.3%, means maximum uptime and hassle-free operation.
- Designed for outdoors – Redline’s ruggedized, submersible products provide uninterrupted coverage in harsh weather conditions.
- Quality assured – Redline tesst all products with leading camera and other manufactures to ensure flawless performance of systems.
As an ISO9001:2008 certified company, Redline follows a rigorous business process to ensure that our products and services are of the highest standards. Our key aim is to enhance the competitiveness of our clients through providing them with timely reliable cost effective solutions.